Monday, February 9, 2009

About the Party

The party is over, and I am happy to report that it was a successful one, both for the party guests collectively, and for me personally.

The day prior, we went to a grocery store and picked up food and drinks. The drinks included vodka, beer, orange juice and cranberry juice. To eat, we had homemade chili, fresh bread, tortilla chips, and dip and salsa.

The party was scheduled to start at 8, which, in my experience, means that people won't come for an hour to an hour and a half after that. That was not the case this time. One particular guest came over quite a while earlier to work on my roommate's computer. Another guest who frequently comes over was there quite early also. Then there were the party-goers who came a little early or on time. The bulk did come after 8, though.

The party did not start well for me personally. Of the guests who had come at that time, I found none with whom I was able to converse easily and enjoyably. My anti-social side wanted to wait out the party in my room, but I knew I couldn't do that. With time, and the consumption of some refreshments, things improved. Indeed, I found numerous people to talk to over the course of the evening. The part which officially began at 8 didn't end for me until about 5 the next morning, as a couple of stray party guests and I began the morning with a wide-ranging discussion perhaps appropriate for a drunken McLaughlin Group.

The character of the party was largely like the ones preceding it, although very little dancing occurred during this one. It was a good time, though a significant mess was left afterwards, the cleanup of which was not pleasant. I guess that's the price of hosting a party. Anyway, it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?