Sunday, February 15, 2009

Groceries

Here at the apartment, I am about all out of food. I've sustained myself over the weekend with fast food of a nature that I wrote about previously, plus bland grits made palatable with somewhat unconventional flavors which happened to be available. Luckily, I have the means to acquire new groceries.

All through college, my grocery lists were fairly consistent. Breakfast was easy enough- cereal. Lunch was almost always hot dogs, which remain a favorite, as does cereal. A few times it was cold cut sandwiches and a few times it was a kit for gyros. I haven't done either really since then. Dinner typically involved things like pasta, baked potatoes corn on the cob, pot pies, pork chops, hamburgers and such.

These days, breakfast can be cold cereal or hot- either a malt-o-meal generic offering of cereal, or flavored oatmeal, or the aforementioned grits. I've also gone with pancakes, which can hardly be beat. A lot of coffee. Probably too much. It is homemade though, which seemingly is the exception these days. Who out there makes their own coffee?

I stick with hot dogs for lunch, unless I go with ramen noodles. When it's the latter, I really only get the spicy ones. Those are the only ones I can really enjoy. Dinner has entailed some of the previous dinner items, but a lot of chicken, some pasta, rice dished, and some other things. Probably too much starch.

So I'll likely be shopping tomorrow. I'll accept input if offered. On an unrelated note, my list of most attractive women has been on the back burner, but will be deliberated upon when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?