Monday, March 30, 2009

Bad Directions

When people ask for directions, I feel like I need to give them something. I may not know where they're trying to go or how to get there, but I don't want to just say "I don't know", even when that's the prudent thing to say. After I've been living in this apartment building this long, you'd think I'd know where the different numbers were, but I pointed some guy in entirely the wrong direction, and can't shake an unhappy feeling in spite of how little impact my bad directions had. Maybe it makes me think that bad directions I've given in the past had more severe consequences.

Some time ago, I was working an American Idol audition at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. I'd never set foot in the stadium or looked at a seating chart, but there I was telling people where their assigned seating was to await their auditions. I might have steered every single person wrong that day, and it was a long day. I guess it worked out all right. I'm still pretty lousy at giving directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?