Monday, March 30, 2009

A Package In The Mail

I don't deal especially well with delayed gratification. I think I do better now than I used to, but waiting for something I want is hard. The prime example of this is waiting for something to come in the mail. You might think that Netflix is not for me, but I cope.

Suppose that something is coming in four to six weeks. The first four weeks are ok, because on any particular day, I know it's not coming that day, so I mainly can put it out of my mind. As soon as it can come any day, though, every spare moment I have is apt to be consumed with anticipation of the package coming.

There was some release today, then, when a package containing a University of Florida football championship shirt and some Arizona Cardinals cups. Now, I guess, it helps to have online tracking. There used to not be that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?