Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Tribute To One Of The Greats

At a relatively early early age, I began taking an interest in certain things that isolated me from many of the other people my age. My interest in movies wasn't particularly unusual, but many of my tastes in film might be considered so. My appreciation of Vincent Price would be an example.
Probably the first time I saw him, though, was in Edward Scissorhands. I can't say that he made a serious impression on me at the time, but he would.

When other young people were watching the things that young people watch, I was watching Price act in Roger Corman's adaptations of Edgar Allan Poe poems and stories. From there it was his later stuff, such as Theater of Blood. And although he's really only known for his work in horror, I've also enjoyed him in other works such as "Laura". So he's definitely one of my favorite actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?