Friday, April 17, 2009

Another Big Thursday

It was another good Thursday. Toastmasters was an excellent time, as always. I was the General Evaluator, which seems like a bigger deal than it turns out to be when you go and do it. Having done every role in a meeting now, I would say that the hardest are giving a prepared speech and evaluating a speech. Evaluating is actually harder for me, because I can't bear to hurt someone's feelings, so I have to push through that and just do it.

On Tuesday I'll be helping out with a special club meeting, then delivering a speech that evening downtown.

Thursday night was improv class, as always. I was not happy with my initial performances, but finished fairly strongly. After class, we went down to Hollywood for an improv show at a small theater there. The teacher of our class and his improv team went up against another team in a contest. The other team won, which I didn't agree with, but it was a very good time, particularly talking to classmates in a social situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?