Monday, April 6, 2009

Friday Night

I believe I've written in the past about my friend's monthly peace gathering. Well, that came around again Friday. I would have been going to see the Dodger's second exhibition game at Dodger Stadium, but was already planning on attending the peace gathering, and so gave Friday's tickets to the post office worker who was so helpful in making sure I got the package of tickets that had been sent to me in the mail.

Each Peace Gathering features a guest performer. Last month was a poet who works for a hospice down in San Diego (or is he a hospice worker who write poetry?). This month's performer was a wonderful singer-songwriter with a lovely, throaty singing voice. It was my intention to read a passage from Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer, which I am reading currently, but the opportunity did not present itself. I suppose that next month will be just as good a chance to do so. It was written in 1934, and will probably still hold up in May.

Here at the household, I said goodbye to the video tape deck which had been a guest here next to my computer for a number of weeks. I had borrowed it for work purposes, and had "gotten accustomed to its face", so to speak. I will miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?