Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Groceries

After a number of weeks buying just few things here and there in addition to periodic trips to fast food restaurants, I have finally done a full shopping trip to my local Ralphs.

If I could digress for a moment: The main grocery stores here are Ralphs and Von's. I don't believe Ralph's has any locations or sister store back in Arizona, but Von's here is know as Safeway back home. There are also Whole Foods and Trader Joe's as well. Another option around here is Food 4 Less. I prefer not to go to there. And then there are some of the other national options- Costco, Smart & Final, and perhaps others.

Now, back to what I meant to say:

My choices on this trip were more or less in line with my usual preferences. For breakfeast, generic frosted flakes. For some reason, the milk was only 2 dollars. Let's hope it's not for safety reasons.

For lunch, I always go with hot dogs. It's a simple and affordable meal. In the past I've paired it up with chips, but am currently using apples as a side.

Dinner consists of chicken, baked potato and peas. Also purchased were pot pies, ramen noodles, and a frosty fermented beverage imported from El Salvador which happened to be on heavy discount.

I may have more to say later today, but that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?