Friday, May 15, 2009

Convocation

Today's event, the actual graduation of my sister and the rest of the liberal arts undergrads and masters students, happened at the ASU basketball arena. To comment:

We did not need to use the light rail. It worked out well to just park near the arena and walk in. Security was easy, and lines nonexistent, really. The event went on longer than expect, and was only less than engaging during the recitation of the many names which were not my sister's. All speakers were interesting and eloquent.

My need of the bathroom following the ceremony separated my father and I from the rest of our party, but we found them after a short time. I and two others had lunch in one place, while the rest ate at another. This was not by design, but due to circumstances which made it impossible for us all to eat together.

As I think I may have indicated, the next and last event will be a party here where I'm staying tomorrow night. Tonight, I hope to relax. Maybe I can get a haircut, and perhaps other things apart from the party. Let it be know that I will make an effort to dance if dancing occurs. If not, I will stage a photo of me dancing. That way, I look like a good dancer and fun at a party. If I have to dance for real, I will probably look like little more than a good sport, but perhaps still fun at a party because of it. We'll just see how events transpire and the pictures come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?