Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Preakness

Like many, I develop a spontaneous interest in horse racing during the running of the Triple Crown races. It began with the Kentucky Derby a couple weeks back. Today, the Preakness in Baltimore, which has been fighting to hold on to the historic race. Not helping, The Wire... Rounding it out in a while, the Belmont Stakes in New York.

For the Preakness, I thought I'd record a pick. Here's the line on the field:

Rachel Alexandra: 8-5
Pioneer of the Nile: 5-1
Flying Private: 5-1
Mine That Bird: 6-1
Friesan Fire: 6-1
Musket Man: 8-1
Big Drama: 10-1
Papa Clem: 12-1
General Quarters: 20-1
Take The Points: 30-1
Terrain: 30-1
Lov Guv: 50-1
Tone It Down: 50-1

Of course, Mine That Bird was the second biggest upset victory in Kentucky Derby history. I'm leaning away from that one. My pick is Rachel Alexandra.

Of course, my favorite horse all time, edging out Smarty Jones, is Zippy Chippy. Hard not to like that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?