Thursday, June 4, 2009

Random Assortment

Toastmasters was today. Somewhat disorganized at the start, robbing us of some four or five minutes. If we had it, it would have given me more time for my table topics. I also provided the word of the day. Next week, I'm an evaluator.

Currently, I'm at Dodger Stadium. No score as yet, but that's bound to change. On the other side of downtown, the Lakers are beating the Magic in Game 1 of the Finals.

In other news, I picked up an inexpensive chess set at the drugstore. Hopefully I'll get some use out of it and improve my game. Suffice it to say that I know how the pieces move, but that my gift for strategy is minimal. Those who seek me out on facebook may engage me in a game. I'll have more to say about my chess experiences in future.

Tomorrow, it's the peace gathering. Should be a good time, and I'll be sure to say something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?