Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Speech!

I haven't written since Thursday, which I feel badly about. To begin with, I'll offer an account of the speech I gave on that day. I started the day nice and early, having coffee, going over my material, and spending a little time online. As I sometimes do, I had breakfast at a local fast food establishment. This probably didn't do much for my health, but it enhanced my fortitude in advance of the speech.

This was the fifth speech from the Competent Communicator manual, and its purpose was to work on body language. Truthfully, my speech subject was not all that well chosen. I couldn't resist speaking about the civil unrest in Iran, and while I'd say my body language was improved over previous speeches, it was not the focus of the speech.

As always, my speech was evaluated. On this occasion, the evaluator suggested that I would be well suited to the medium of radio, praising the quality of my voice. I was greatly flattered by that, and decided I was interested in the idea of being in radio. If any of my readers own or operate either an AM or an FM radio station, particularly one in the LA metropolitan area, I would definitely be interested in employment there.

This week, I'm the Toastmaster. Hopefully it will be a good meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?