Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bonus Shoot

As part of the shooting schedule, we had planned to shoot some comic bits that we had thought of during the day. The idea was that they would comprise a trailer for the movie during the movie. This trailer would possibly play during the credits of the real movie. Unfortunately, we ran out of time Sunday night. Collectively, though, we were so enthusiastic about the idea that we picked yesterday to come back and film those bits while the pirate ship set was still there.

Sunday I had gone with the director, but it turned out that getting there on the bus was easy. I got there just as the director of the trailer got there, and we were the first to arrive. Unfortunately we lost one of the actors, but managed to adapt. It may have been an hour or more before we were ready to shoot, but we moved pretty quickly. Most of the comic bits sprang from my suggestions, but it was all in a spirit of collaboration. I found that coming up with ideas was easier than acting them out. It gives you greater appreciation for that end of things. We did end up getting everything, including a pirate sea shanty which I wrote in my mind on the bus ride.

Lunch was good. I wasn't really expecting anything for food and drinks, but we got water, snacks and subs from Quizno's. It was nice to have that moment to eat and talk when most of the people had gone. Unfortunately, that gave way to breakdown of the set. We had to dismantle the set, put things back where they belonged and clean up in general. That took longer than the whole rest of the day. I hate that.

Anyway, a good day. I expect that I will be able to share the finished mock trailer before too long, while the whole movie will take a while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?