Friday, October 23, 2009

The Latest

Wednesday and Thursday I had a fair amount of activity. As nearly always, I had my movie night over at a friend's house. It was perhaps the most poorly attended one so far, but the two gentlemen and I who partook got into it and enjoyed it as we always do. The movie- 'And Then There Were None' did not really live up to my expectations, but one learns from the lesser ones as much as the true classics. That was followed by bible study, which was fairly nice. I neglected again to bring my bible, but coped.

Thursday was the really big day, with my regular Toastmasters meeting starting things off. I was a ballot counter for the regular club contests, and can report that there were no glitches in the process. Upon leaving the meeting, I had to rush to file an application for a job. The second that was through, it was off to the big Toastmasters division speaking contest. Sadly, Metro let me down a little, and I was not quite able to rendezvous with my friends for the car pool that was planned. Luckily, a guest from the meeting that day was there for a caravan, and so he and I went together.

It was at a Shriners childrens' hospital in Glendale, which was all right. There's a not terribly pleasant odor in parts of it, but our room was ok. The best thing is seeing people in TM who are not in my club. Second is watching the people who are in my club excelling on a larger stage. Third is the food. There were sub sandwiches, drinks, cookies, cheese cubes and more. The most important thing was that our club president won the Table Topics contest and will be moving on to the next level.

In just a bit, I'll be heading off to the set of the film I'm doing. I'll be at it again tomorrow and Sunday night through to Monday morning. There ought to be something good to report tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?