Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Pair Of Trifles

Recent weeks have brought with them the delightfully cooler weather of Autumn. Much as the activities of summer are to be enjoyed, one can grow weary of the heat when not using the AC at home. There are plenty of measures to help the situation, and they range from judiciously using the shades to drinking cold water all the time. In spite of all those things, though, it's rather brutal.
Imagine coming home at night and receiving a blast of furnace-like air upon opening your front door. The only respite comes when you're out of the house and can enjoy the AC paid for by someone else. As I said, however, fall has come, and it's pretty pleasant. The temperature is pretty good inside the apartment, and I can use my comforter once again. Somehow that seems to make it easier to sleep.

In just a bit, I will be heading off to the TV Night I mentioned sometime before. I'm getting close to having one such event every night of the week. In a sense, I feel myself becoming a kind of Henry Miller of North Hollywood.

TV Night is a little different. There's no facebook group and no voting, as it's the same tv shows every week. There's no discussion and no trivia either, but there is good food and drink. It ought to be a very good time once again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm humbled by the tremendous accomplishment you make environmentally. In America today, it is a very difficult journey to live a life minimizing energy use. I strive to be able to let go of damaging habits and fail.

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?