Monday, October 12, 2009

Procuring Supplies

Grocery shopping is an anxious activity for me. Shopping of any kind is tough, but doing so for food happens the most often. There are a few places I do it, and none of them are terribly satisfactory. My primary place is Ralph's. For the most part, it's a good chain, but the one near my home is not a good one. It's not incredibly nice in there, and they lack a good selection in some areas. My main problem is with their bakery, such as it is. It's just not good. I like buying and consuming french bread. White is ok, but I like their wheat better. The trouble is that they have one or two loaves in stock at best, and frequently have none. Sometimes even the white is out of stock. Not cool.

Right next to the Ralph's is a Rite Aid drug store. It's not really an option for most things when something else is open. It does have the best toys of any drug store or grocery store, and its ice cream carries a strong reputation. Next to that is Smart and Final. I like them, although they have no bakery of any kind. Buying in bulk appeals to me, as you might imagine.bSomewhat further away there are some other options. The Superior isn't any better than Ralph's. How's is much better than anything around, but is pricier. There's some chain called Vallarta or some such thing, but I haven't been there. There's also a few dollar stores within a reasonable distance, but I don't seem to be going to those lately. Perhaps I will in the future.

Boy, I liked it better when I was at home or at camp. The food was all selected and purchased for me, and prepared for me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?