Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Little Something

Not much energy to say all there is to be said, but it was a good, full day of high triumph, great anxiety, fun and friendship.

I soldiered through exhaustion and the stress of misplacing a dvd due back to the library to deliver my 10th Toastmasters speech, which makes me a Competent Communicator. When you do that, you get something like what is pictured below.



The speech, an inspirational one drawing strength from sports anecdotes, went over well in spite of the fact that I went some 13 or so seconds too long and failed to qualify for Best Speaker. I couldn't believe how my time flew. It doesn't usually feel like that for me. I realized that I had a solid 30 minute speech on my hands if I delivered it all. As it was, I had only 10 minutes allotted.

As the club was celebrating the end of a membership retention scavenger hunt, and so there was a spread of food, which we don't usually have. I took home some sandwiches and soda, which are always welcome at my home. I then took a bit of a nap, awaking to find that the dvd had turned up. I then headed out to improv, where we are doing Armando-style long form (described under related forms here).

I then went home to eat the last sandwich and crack open a pineapple given as a gift at last Saturday's Toastmasters event. It was extremely flavorful and juicy. That brings us to now. More tomorrow!

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Congrats.! Love the gold medal...ya done good, boy!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?