Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Since Friday

I was going to expand on the outing of last Friday, but I've moved well past that already. On to the following day: There were at least two parties to which I could consider going. One was a costume party in Los Feliz for the tv show Mad Men, which I love. The other was a costume birthday party for the wife of an acquaintance downtown. Initially I was torn, because while each sounded fun, they had their downsides and commitments which made them a little less appealing (the worst of all being the obligation to make a costume).

I eventually opted to go to the Beatles party, and made a quick costume based on the song 'Eight Days A Week'. My costume was a cardboard sign worn around the neck which depicted an eight day week calendar. Sadly, I did not win the contest, but did enjoy the company of many friends, not to mention a Beatles puzzle and Beatles Rock Band.

I had taken the subway there, but got a ride home from a dear friend who I'll have to repay sometime. Upon arriving home, a friend who went to the other party and I exchanged emails, and I regretted not getting in touch with him earlier to link up as they went out to eat after their party. It was a good time anyway.

Of course, the following night was Sunday, when I go to TV Night with that same friend and some others. It was an especially good one, with good shows and tasty treats.

Most recently was my night out last night. After talking to the husband of the woman celebrating her birthday Saturday, I thought I'd go visit the improv class he teaches. I did so, and enjoyed the format they work with. It would be neat to do it myself sometime. Following that class, I stuck around for Viewpoints, which was itself a very good class. We did a number of things, culminating with a scene exercise in which we were to take a chair somewhere in the room and then build a scene around it explaining where we were. I picked the stage, which was isolated and dark. I did a scene about being marooned on the Moon, incorporating substantial portions of the lyrics from David Bowie's Space Oddity and Elton John's Rocket Man, while borrowing elements from Robinson Crusoe to bridge in between the two songs.

One car ride later, I was gearing down and getting to bed. Another day successfully completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?