Sunday, December 6, 2009

Filling In The Gaps

To get back into the swing of things: Thanksgiving was really very nice. Flying is always a minefield, and managed to only step on the edge of one in getting the last flight on my return delayed. There was nothing to complain about, really. I'm only human; I'll suffer through about anything if a free Heineken is offered as a salve at the end.

In between those flights was the trip's raison d'être. It was an exceptionally special trip, having afforded me the opportunity to see for the first time in years relatives separated by great distance, not to mention the others whom I had really never seen. There were many big, heavy meals leavened by conversation. There was the experience of seeing more of the town my mother was raised in than I have any memory of having seen before.

In the time since I got back, there's been quite a bit of activity. Standing out have been a visit to another Toastmasters club with my roommate (who I'm proud to see in the process of joining up), as well as this morning's re-shoot of a comedy video spearheaded by friends. I look forward to seeing how it comes out. All involved seemed pleased by how it went, and so I am confident that I was able to provide a performance that serves the video as well those of my fellows in front of and behind the camera.

It never ends, and I'm thankful for that. Opportunities to develop and be with the people I care about continue to abound, beginning with TV Night. Accounts of that and other events will come should they prove interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?