Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Itinerant Tribe

I was saying in regards to my activities yesterday (a jam-packed day which left no time or energy to write), that it seems like when you're young, it often happens that one friend or another is moving and needs help. The good part of that is that in one's 20s, there are relatively few possessions to uproot and transfer to the new place. It's even easier during college. I remember once moving from one dorm to another a few blocks away. I moved everything by myself in a cart with two or three trips. It took less time than I spent yesterday.

When one gets older, however, it seems to me that the moves among one's friends, family and acquaintances grow less frequent but more difficult. Happily, I'm still in that good "young moving" area. It's kind of a pleasant and festive vibe, and the camaraderie together with soda and two pizzas are compensation enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?