Friday, March 19, 2010

Too Terribly Tired

I've never before identified as much with Madeline Kahn's character in Blazing Saddles than I do now. Like her, I'm tired. Somewhat like her, I came by the tiredness in a social fashion. When you read this, I will have gotten the rest I badly need, but know that when I wrote it, I could barely muster the energy to sit up straight and type. I lack the energy to flesh out any idea I have on the shelf, and so resort now to relating the only thing I can: the visceral fatigue. 

I have been advised that when one hits that wall, it is best to power through in rather than succumb to a nap. Ordinarily, I would do the latter, but presently have not got the time. We shall see, by necessity, how efficacious my friend's counsel is. If I should make it, you will know when my next post goes out.

2 comments:

jchap18181 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lemonade714 said...

In the infinite irony of the Universe, my comment on being over-tired was accidently deleted because I am over-tired.

My position is simple, the twenty minute "Power Nap" is a vital part of being an effective person. We humans often mask our commonality with the other animals, and believe our thought capacity relieves us from the realities of our bodies needs, but we are flesh and blood, like all the rest. Why is it the human is the only animal which does not nap after each meal?

Arrogance.

We channel this arrogance into using and abusing everything from the simple but destructive panel of amphetamines, caffeine to our won exotic concoctions such as Five Hour Energy , the ever hopeful Rockstar , and the charming Red Bull which is honest enough to warn you with its name.

Sleep, perchance to dream...it is what a body needs.

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?