Monday, April 5, 2010

Brief Announcement

I'm sorry to divert from the scintillating writing which is this blog's stock and trade, but I want to give full and undivided attention to important news regarding Vessel Of Knowledge: Corporate and administrative functions will now be transferred to a newly-created home office in Yucaipa, California. I myself will remain in LA, and there will be no change to the high quality of prose which you have come to expect from the blog.

Operating entirely from Los Angeles has been great, but it is a luxury rendered increasingly unjustifiable by the state of information technology. Real estate prices remain in the nation's upper tier, and we have increasingly chafed at the hindrances posed by the oppressive, archaic tax structure and the intrusive regulations imposed by local bureaucracy. This move will help to ensure the blog's continued financial security and stability, and thus its ability to continue facilitating my work.

Steeped in the honored tradition of the Old West, Yucaipa is conveniently located nearby in San Bernardino County, and is known not just as the birthplace of grocery store chain Stater Brothers but as a thriving mecca of community theater. Calling it their home are such notables as Kansas City Royals star Mark Teahen and Baywatch alum Susan Anton. I would also note that Yucaipa harbors a sizable fan base for the blog, so I know that my support staff will be treated like family and made to feel right at home.

I want to conclude by thanking the entire community of Yucaipa. They have, by contrast with LA, made plain with both word and deed their desire to have my new home office in their fair town. The business climate and the ability to exploit such local resources as the above made this an easy decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?