Sunday, August 15, 2010

"They're Sensitive To Questions".

I have previously written about sustaining a superficial wound from a pair of sunglasses. This led me to shy away from wearing them for a while, but I have gotten back into the habit of doing so now that my fear has faded and I have grown more appreciative of the value there is in wearing them. Of course, the very best reason for wearing sunglasses is that they protect the eyes from deadly, insidious UVB rays. The pair I wear may not serve this purpose as well as some, for they are a very cheap pair. I have to imagine that they are some help, but if I were really serious about that I would probably spend more money to get a pair dedicated to screening out the unseen enemy light.

Luckily, even my pair does a fine job of protecting my eyes from the visible light spectrum. As I walk around on the street during the day somewhat often, I would find myself squinting and suffering intense adverse effects from the sun's distant bombardment. Sunglasses are indispensable when walking into the sun. I was commenting the other day about how there seems to be no government concern at all about people driving into the sun as it rises and sets. I think that it's far too dangerous to permit any driving towards the sun at those times. Better that travel be slowed than for lives to be sacrificed in the interest of "convenience". In any event, the sunglasses do help with regard to the sun.

I try not to use my sunglasses except when they are needed for their stated primary purpose.  Some secondary ones do exist, though, and I'm not immune to employing shades for them. I like to think that I have attractive eyes. Their vivid blue coloring has been much commented on, and I'm inclined to agree with the praise I've heard. Now, I am of two minds here. I want people to see my eyes. On the other hand, I have started thinking about some of the arguments for what women in some cultures cover up their bodies from head to toe. One rational is that it empowers them to show themselves only to those they wish. I don't know about all that, but that could very well apply in my case, making sunglasses sort of like burkhas for my eyeballs. This may very well be something I'll consider should the day come that I'm interested in restricting the ease of looking at me.

One thing that is for sure is that as pretty as my eyes are, I look pretty cool when they are covered up. This tempts me to wear sunglasses in less-than-ideal conditions. Now, I certainly don't wear them indoors or at night, with the exception of staged photographs. The one condition of some flexibility is outdoors when the light is somewhere in between full blast and darkness. During occasional times of personal weakness, I do opt to wear them as a stylistic affectation. There's no defense for it when it's a question of vanity, but it occurs to me now that I've begun to be more outgoing that sunglasses can be appropriate to conceal the aftermath of "too much party".

If you're interested in sunglasses, please consult the trained professional at your local shopping mall sunglasses kiosk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?