Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Proof I'm Not Aloof

As I've made abundantly clear, I never used to socialize all that much. It would happen once in a while, and somewhat more during the summer when I was among many of my Boy Scout friends all the time. I would have liked something to tide me over during the stretches of time during which I had no such social encounters. I mean by that of course that I would like to have had pictures and other visual documentation as mementos through which I could relive such high points while in solitude.

Pictures might have been taken, but could not easily be disseminated. I might have been able to take a look at some once in a long while if visiting a friend in person. You can guess about how often that happened. Enter today's internet, at last powerful enough to mirror the real-life socializing of human beings. I'm doubly blessed with its advent. I have so many friends now and so much to do with them. What makes it better still is that there is proof of it all.

No man can doubt the many Toastmasters contests I have attended, the countless parties, theatrical and filmed performances and all that I have to my name. No one, that is, except those who have no online affiliation with me or those who are directly affiliated with me. Those people would certainly question whether I am doing lots of awesome things as I contend. They would do that if they knew who I was and what I was contending.

It stirs great anger in me that anyone hypothetically would doubt my word or my popularity. I have to do something about that. This is a tricky problem to solve. Am I to actually make myself and my credentials known to everyone? I would not be the first to do so, or at least to try. Perhaps I would be able to do enough merely by creating a hypothesis in answer to the first- one wherein I would make myself and my credentials known to everyone. The difference just would be that both problem and solution would be academic. That seems appropriate somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?