Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easy... For Some

Each person has their strengths and weaknesses. I figure that for most people, each are understandable. I suppose that by definition most people aren't bad at things that people shouldn't be bad at, and that could be applied to strengths as well. Once again though, I fall outside the norm if I am seeing myself objectively (which would be remarkable). There's something particular that I don't consider myself to be any good at, and people might react as they would to a grown man who can't drive a car.

It's just logistical stuff. I'm not the only one who is tested by the splitting of the bill at a restaurant, but how many people are pushed to the breaking point by finding friends to go on an outing and arranging transportation? That's all that I can handle and then some. I find myself thinking that anyone else could find a taker for baseball tickets in a second, or that it's a task of no serious difficulty for someone of reasonable ability to determine the best way to get a set number of people from several locations to a single destination in the fewest cars possible.

For me those are like the labors of Hercules. I don't want to do them, and by all rights it's not natural for them to fall to me. That would be like a delectable gazelle slipping past every predator and eventually getting claimed in its entirety by ants. The more formidable creatures would all have to be sick or dead, presumably. I guess no one actually wants to take on the drudgery of logistics, but I bet they could more easily than I.

For me this is the source of a powerful incentive to succeed. I hope and pray that some day there will be someone to do these things for me. It might be some kind of assistant or someone else like that. A healthy salary with full benefits would be a bargain from my perspective if someone were to be on call day and night for the purpose of arranging such specific things alone, to say nothing of all the other little things that I don't care to do. I shall henceforth redouble my efforts to make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?