Monday, August 29, 2011

Dog Gets The Heat

There was this moment out on Hollywood Boulevard that was just about lost in the shuffle, except that I was there. It sure would have been a shame, because it was a tremendous drama for all of its realness. We devalue true greatness in drama for all that we elevate trivial, mediocre drama in our impatience. This was the real deal. A somewhat heavyset (as I hesitate to call her, having heard the term characterized as derogatory) woman was standing amid the hustle and bustle, upbraiding a man holding a leashed dog for ruining their trip.

That's all I saw, but my mind starting working like a perpetual motion machine. May I assume that the object of the trip was tourism, given their location? What reason might there be for the trip being unsatisfactory in her eyes, and how was it that she came to pin it on the man? There are just a lot more questions here than answers. I can suppose and conjecture all day, but I never will come to a truly satisfactory answer unless the principals in the drama read this and fill me in. If so I will pass it on to you.

I wondered if the dog were to blame. You don't take a dog on vacation generally, do you? I have been party to that, but it seems to me that the thing to do mainly is to place the dog in a kennel or better yet, with trusted friends or family. I don't fault the dog if his presence is spoiling the good time of this lady, from whom I didn't read a lot of positive traits. Still I think the dog may have been the thing, and I can't help but wonder why. Maybe it was nothing really.

Dogs are lightning rods. It's natural. When anything bad happens, be it the passing of gas to the accidental destruction of a house plant, it can be pinned on a dog. Near any form of physical mayhem can be. They can't offer an intelligent defense, and worse yet for their chances of vindication, dogs just inherently look profoundly guilty more or less as a default. Where is the legal defense organization for them? I sure hope this dog I saw didn't get a raw deal for whatever he may or may not have done to put the man in the position of appearing to ruin the trip. I'm sure it wasn't like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?