Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Expansion

When I get bored or antsy, I have to address it somehow. If bored, I must find something to do. If antsy, the energy must be channeled. There are some awfully self-destructive ways of handling that. Sometimes I think I may be eating only because I'm bored. If antsy, I have been known to shake my legs among other things. I decided to find a better way of doing things, and I believe I found a good one. Now when one of those issues crops up, I am more apt to play with my hair.

Maybe that sounds no better than anything else, but from my perspective it's a lot better. The hair recovers from mistreatment, so there's that. That anyone should react differently is actually somewhat amusing. I can see the humor in it myself. My hair has considerable volume to begin with, so running my fingers through it unconsciously for a few minutes has an incredible effect. It's a comical sight, and I'll admit that it may not be my best look, so I try to restrain myself if I feel I need to look presentable later. It's an end of the night kind of thing.

The difference in volume is severe enough that I marvel at the difference. I would like to find a way of measuring the change and attempting to have it recorded as some manner of record, but probably I would use a pseudonym, as that's not a very dignified record to possess. I wonder at the jarring effect of it if no one is looking for a while and then see the results of it all at once. I wonder if this would be of value in crafting a disguise. I have no use for one and probably would not rely on this if I did, but it's a thought in any case.

Now that I think about it, this solution to the initial problem may have some advantages over its predecessors, but it does have some problems of its own. I probably ought to seek out yet another way of dealing with things that allows me to remain the more noticed between myself and my hair. The hair just sits there. I'm the one doing the work. Maybe what I could do is to prevent myself from becoming bored or nervous in the first place. Maybe not, though. What I'm doing now isn't killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?