Friday, October 14, 2011

Full Leather Jacket

The days grow colder here in southern California, and from my perspective it's basically all good. During the summer, we expend more money to cool the apartment, and we look forward to the day when we can flip the switch on that thermostat, sometimes using the heat but mostly just going natural. That's not the only plus by a long shot. The falling leaves are pretty, my hair looks cool blowing in autumnal breezes, and then there's clothes.

I happen to think that I look all right in a jacket. Like the sunglasses which I have grown fond of however, they can only be justified in certain situations. I can force the sunglasses a little, but not jackets. I cannot abide being unpleasantly warm. I have a hell of a time figuring the right garb for the weather, but once each day calls for the same thing, I get it right and stick with what I should. Thus it is that the jacket only comes out when the weather is cool enough.

This is a real tragedy (albeit an unavoidable one). I have a pair of awfully nice jackets. One is for your brisk , nippy weather. It's blue, which I think I'm pretty well suited for. I have plenty of things to go with it. The other jacket is for downright cold weather. It's worn brown leather, and I think I do brown pretty well. It's about the only other color that I have a lot to go with. I pray for weather cold enough to call for at least the former if not the latter jacket.

We've just started to get there, so I figure I have some good months coming my way. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if my improved looks have people seeing me in a better light and my confidence has me enjoying more success in all arenas. It's a narrow window, however. Between now and February, I must make the most of my time. It won't be too long at all before it's right back to just thin t-shirts and I'm exposed once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?