Monday, October 24, 2011

Hot Or Just Me Clothes?

I'm a rather unassuming, humble guy. I might be the most so. I harbor no pretensions in fashion, it's fair to say. Just yesterday I wrote of ascertaining whether stains on one's clothes are the good kind, so I think you'll believe me when I say that. In short, when I wear nice stuff, I'm really out of my element. I think that it may even be the case that I react adversely in a biological sense. Maybe I'm crazy, but I might not be built for more than jeans and t-shirts.

The thing is that I'll get the word that there's some event I'm invited to and that I should dress up some. It's not some definite suit and tie thing, which makes things even harder. I'll start trying to assemble something that includes jeans, nice collared shirts, jackets and loafers. Maybe it's just the anxiety of feeling pressure to look presentable, but I just start sweating up a storm. Maybe saying so doesn't help me any socially, but I see no profit in lying.

I try to deal with it in various ways. There are some dos and don'ts. While I'm at home, I open up all the windows at a time when it's in the low fifties outside. That's cold here. I also repeatedly blot the affected areas with absorbent paper products. That seems to help some. I don't use an antiperspirant now that I have been informed of the materials that go into those. I do try to employ postures which either conceal or air out my underarms.

Again, I know some of the above details may be unpleasant, but people may as well be turned off early rather than late in any kind of courtship process. Why not save the money and time by conceding to being afflicted by ordinary biological processes? Why not own up to being allergic to dressy clothes? I think I really might be, and while I can suck it up now and then, there's just no sense in pretending that I enjoy it one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?