Friday, October 7, 2011

To Think Of Youth? Uncouth.

Some movie stars seem like they were always old. Some of them were just that. When was Clint Eastwood ever young? Charles Bronson strikes me the same way. Even in their older movies they seem none too youthful. Others did not become known until they were older, so there's no way of knowing. It's enough to make you very curious about what they did look like in days of yore. There is nothing to help it except the imagination.

I employ my imagination also to picture some of the people I know personally as they must have looked long ago. Some I believe must have been strikingly good looking. For others, their aged condition is a convenient cover for being unsightly, for unsightly they had to have been even in their salad days. Even with them, I strive to imagine just what they must have looked like. Concrete evidence would be ideal, for my imagination does run away on me.

If only I could get that tangible evidence. You can't just ask, can you? If I could just question someone on what they looked like and get answers instead of outrage, I'd like that. Even those who would not be offended probably would be unable to proffer very useful answers. Illogically, we are often least equipped to answer such questions about ourselves. It is logical that we would get upset if someone asked whether we used to be good looking, though.

I guess there is nothing to do but to imagine and to hope for a chance glimpse of old photos. I don't know when that might happen with any of the people who I would like to see. It's morbid to say so, but death is a likely time to bring out the young pictures. Prior to that, one would have to get into their home in the hopes of old family photos being on display. Then again, I don't know I would like anyone with too many family photos out. Some are fine, but too many are too many. Those should be in albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?