Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Colors

With all the effort I have made in recent years along the lines of being a performer, to say nothing of my attempts to have at least an average fashion sense, I have gotten rather interested in the colors that work best in me in clothes. Neutral colors are fine for everyone of course, and so for a long time if I ever looked good it was probably with black or something like that. Recently though, I've done more with riskier possibilities.

With my eyes, blue seems to do well. I realized that I accidentally developed a wardrobe that was heavier in blues than about anything else. Perhaps I was subconsciously making one or two good decisions. Of course everyone has lots of blue jeans, but apart from that I have a bunch of blue shirts, as well as a very nice blue jacket and pair of shoes. One can go overboard, but with a little newfound restraint, blue might be where I'm at my best.

Other than neutrals and blues, I seem to gravitate most naturally towards earth tones. There are a lot of browns and reds in my closet. There's a fantastic brown leather jacket and pair of loafers, the latter of which feel miraculously versatile. Most of my shirts that aren't black or blue are in this range somewhere. Maybe it's that I'm from Arizona, but I think the warm stuff looks not too terrible on me. I think it goes with my hair all right as well.

Now, lest I come off like one of the hyper fashion-savvy guys online and in periodicals that I disdain, let me say that I am trying to do no more than reach ordinary human-level sophistication in dress. I strive to rise about Tom Sawyer, but have no desire to hit Pierre Cardin. I just want to look as decent as I ought to look, because I'm a grown man. I can and will dress in an appropriate and decently pleasing manner in accordance with the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?