Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What A Day

This past Sunday was quite a day for me, by which I mean it was just jam-packed with activities. It began very early. I needed to get up at six o'clock, and so I of course woke up well before my alarm clock: four o'clock. I would like to have gone back to sleep, but my day had started. My first order of business upon leaving the house was reporting to my church for participation in a production of 'A Christmas Carol'. I was to be there at 7:45 in the morning, and was.

The whole time I was there discharging my responsibilities, I had several concerns on my mind. One was my fantasy football league, which was that day in the midst of its championship week. Would I win my third place game and finish in the money, or lose and finish an ignominious fourth? My mind was criminally drawn towards this matter in spite of my total inability to affect the matter, though I feel I managed it all right. I would later win third place.

Another concern were the two comedy sketches which I was producing and in one of which I was acting. We kept losing actors, only acquired a needed Santa suit at the eleventh hour (thanks to connections at the church), and were heavily depending on one actor- me- who only began to learn his lines in the early evening. After our rehearsals and delayed arrival at the theater, the sketches came out all right, and I was terribly relieved.

Also running through the whole day was a particular romantic concern about which I suppose that I ought to be discrete, given that it is an ongoing concern. It is in truth nothing that I suppose a reader need concern themselves with except to note that my mind was that day being tugged in yet another direction, leaving no one to wonder why I went to bed with a stiff drink (as a reward to myself for surviving the day) and why I slept in the following day. It was a hard day, but a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?