Friday, January 27, 2012

A Good Chair From She Of Beauty Fair

I seem to have a lot of opportunities fall into my lap. That is fortunate, since I would just as soon not do a lot of legwork. I never will have to if possibilities continue to present themselves at the rate they have begun to. I wonder if that 'Secret' thing could be true after all. If it's not that, it's something. I need certain little things, and then they come to me in some fashion. I certainly do hope that it keeps up for the foreseeable future.

A recent thing has been our need for furniture in this apartment, and a constant has been my interest in ladies. The two things coincided the other day. We need a coffee table, a couch, a proper dining table and chairs. Well, we still need most of those things, but we need one chair fewer thanks to one example of that  timeless pastime, ladies. It was a lady who lives on the very same floor of this building that I do who made this happen.

I was coming back home after Toastmasters when she was heading out with an odd-looking chair. I remarked upon this. She took my remark to mean a liking of the chair, and I encouraged that notion. She expressed the intent to sell it, and indicated a willingness to sell me the thing. I was reticent, suggesting that she might try me if her previously formed plan fell through. Sure enough, it did so and she came knocking at my door as we discussed. I bought the thing at that point.

I would have been markedly less interested if she had been less attractive and less a lady, I admit that readily. Still, when a thing that I do not relish the hunting of becomes available within a few yards of my domicile, I do not easily pass it up no matter who is doing the selling. In any case, I now have a beat up, funny-looking chair with three legs at the cost of five dollars and some human interaction. I can only hope that the other things we need come so cheaply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?