Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Desk? Yes.

I recently acquired a new used computer desk. I had the idea that it would be nice to have one for my laptop as well as the one I had already for the desktop computer. In the meantime though, it seemed as if it might be a handy thing to keep in the living room to help make up for our tragic lack of a couch. We have some chairs, but nothing to eat off of. Well, it hasn't exactly worked out for that, but I have been using it just for the laptop.

 The desk looks rather like that which might be used by the receptionist for an unimportant middle manager in some company. It's got a keyboard tray I don't use, and an area at the bottom where I can keep the laptop's case. It's been damaged some interesting ways, as though it was scorched by a fragmentation grenade or something. It works well enough, though. It certainly passes muster with me, if that means much.

At least it does get me out of my room. Though I've been more social in recent years, the bar is still a little low for me. That being the case, it's significant when I manage to spend time in the living room instead of my own bedroom. There's space out there, and there's more light. I think that I might have a different creative process there as opposed to what I may come up with surrounded by junk, dirty laundry and an utter dearth of space, but then maybe not.

I ultimately do want to get it out of the living room. I worry that it might get in the way if we ever get some real stuff to keep there. Of course, that will render an already dangerously cluttered and cramped room worse, but then perhaps that will feed into my ongoing campaign to be more outgoing. It seems to me that it can only help me go out and do things if I think that staying in my bedroom might kill me. Whatever it takes.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

If you were closer I could give you a sofa and chairs...

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?