Friday, March 16, 2012

A Habit

I've been watching an inordinately high number of movies lately. I don't know quite why that is. It's just been an impulse. I wonder if it's something like what happens when your body lacks something like iron, and suddenly you just crave meat. I watch a good number of movies anyway, but perhaps it has not been enough. Well, if that's so then I am definitely making progress towards fully addressing that matter.

A couple have been at the theater with friends. That is a remarkable thing in itself given how seldom I get to the theater, and that is not a recent trend. I never got to the theater much. Some more movies have been at my home or at the home of a friend, again accompanied by others. So far I feel that we are not discussing problematic movie watching. These are not the actions of someone who is truly addicted to movie watching.

What is an earmark of that, if an analogy to drug abuse can be made, is if I'm watching movies alone. Well, I am doing that. There is just no way I can see of enlisting someone in the watching of each one, no matter how many separate partners I try to secure. I have a powerful demand, and going solo is a necessary evil. Indeed, it may be so for the reason that I can focus on the movies better that way as much as for the ability to hit a higher volume.

I wonder if and when the demand I'm experiencing will subside. I can't manage this rate for very long as a practical matter unless I start eschewing socializing altogether, and I'm not going to do that. Perhaps though it will end as does my infatuation with a particular song. After about a hundred listens, I tend to ease up. Will it take as many as a hundred movies in a narrow window of time before I am through with this filmlust? Only time can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?