Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bad Meals, Fast On The Heels

I've been eating terribly lately. Though I try somewhat harder these days, my regular diet is bad enough as it is. I eat hash browns and coffee for breakfast, cold cut sandwiches for lunch, and until lately have been eating rice in tomato sauce and hot sauce for dinner. Recently I have been eating various canned foods for dinner, ravioli and chili being among them. I know those aren't good things, and what I've been supplementing them with over the last few days hasn't helped.

It's all dependent on circumstances. Friday, there was an improv show. After the show, a number of us went out for hamburgers. I indulged myself. It's all right to do that now and again. You just can't go crazy, as more and more Americans do. One burger, fries and soda such as I had that night ought to hold you for weeks, and maybe months. Each one brings you a little bit closer to death, and they do nothing good for you except for the taste.

Well, this was happening just a few hours before I was to meet up with some people to honor a soon-to-be father. First on the agenda, we were to have lunch at a somewhat upscale burger place. I wasn't wild about having another burger so soon, because I still had the taste of the last one on me. Never mind the nutritional consequences. After lunch, we went out to an arcade. After that broke up, we went to somebody's apartment and had pizza. I had four slices of pizza, God help me (and after that, a can each of chili and ravioli).

I know how bad it was to have two hamburger meals and about half of a pizza in the same twenty four hours, but I could hardly help myself. It was about the socializing more than anything, and that carried through to the hamburger I had after the next improv show the following Monday. At this point, only my God-give metabolism is protecting me. I have to hope now that I develop some will power or that no one wants to do anything for a while.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

You can handle it. You do a lot of walking, you are not sedintary!!!

Frenchie said...

Well, I like that in your daily fare, you only eat meat once a day!!!! Try to make that poultry and you'll save your body some grief. No dairy products? Make sure you are getting enough protein!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?