Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Done With Flicks As The Clock Fast Ticks

I guess that the movie hot streak of which I have spoken in the past is through. I had been on a really monumental kick, and half though I was going crazy, watching at least one movie a day and sometimes two or even three. Something was bound to give, and it was a combination of things, as it turned out. Thank goodness that it did come to pass, because I don't know that I could have gone on much longer without severely adverse effects.

In a way it may have been an unconscious attempt to prepare for something, as a caterpillar would eat incessantly in unwitting anticipation of becoming a butterfly. I don't know that the comparison is entirely apt, but I do know that I have let up partly to give myself time to prepare for an upcoming standup comedy performance. I very well come make hay from some of the more spectacularly odd films I've watched. Then again, I may not, and I only watched all those movies for the fun of it.

I also have another deadline approaching. I've got to finish that Henry Miller book, and might have done it long ago if it were not for there always being another movie for me to watch. There was no rush to get through a lot of obscure movies which were not exactly the talk of the town. I still have to flee spoilers surrounding any number of current hits, and denied myself all the time that might have put that book away to boot.

Now, there may be another streak of movie watching in me, but the general trajectory seems to be away from that over time. I certainly hope that it gets harder, because it becomes considerably less charming to be a shiftless movie junkie as one enters their thirties. That is my impression, in any case. I had better start getting paid to review movies, or else start making then in one capacity or another, because my supply of time for just watching them is drying up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?