Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Drink

There's something I don't like. It's one of the many things that most people don't think about enough to dislike, but I stand alone there as I do in many areas. I, who can't be bothered to assemble a meal from as many as four ingredients, go the extra mile when it comes to thinking about things that are beneath everyone else's radar, and doing so enough to see something in the to dislike. If I have no other legacy, that may be it.

A good example is that water that will have fruit in it. I don't mean fruit-flavored water of the kind I used to drink a considerable amount of. I mean regular water with whole fruit right in there. Now, I don't even like having a lemon wedge in my water at a restaurant. You can imagine how I would feel at the yogurt place when I see strawberries floating there in the water dispenser. It's not pleasant, and I don't know why someone would do it.

The water doesn't benefit a tremendous amount from the fruit, in my analysis. Good water tastes good. It has a sweet, refreshing quality. It's a pretty reasonable alternative to any other sort of beverage, so I don't think it needs any help, and it doesn't get any from chunks of fruit that allegedly infuse it. You get a faint inkling that there's something there more than water, and that just wrecks what's already a pretty good thing.

The look is no better than the taste. The fruit gets waterlogged. You peer into the water, and apart from wisps of fragments of fruit floating around in there, you see fruit that has become many times its proper size as a result of absorbing water. Big, soft strawberries like that are hardly appetizing, and I would think that they'd want to conceal them, but no- they are evidently quite proud of what they have in there. God only knows why.

As you can tell, I don't like the fruit water. I guess it must be some kind of high class thing. I was on the subway the other night, and I saw some intolerably reputable looking ladies who must have been to the theater, for I saw its name on one's glass of the self-same disgusting fruit water. I guessed that she must have paid a considerable sum for it as she enjoyed whatever musical was playing. I wouldn't pay a penny. Give me a regular soda for 75 cents, or a real water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?