Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Sink Is Beginning To Stink, I Think

My bathroom sink is in a fragile state right now. It drains rather slowly, taking a minute to clear all the water when I've had it going for long. This is an inconvenience, but it's one that I find I'm prepared to live with rather than deal with. This would not be so bad, except that mine is the sink near the door in the bathroom that guests are at liberty to use (since the other is in the master bedroom). This makes it something I should deal with.

I don't, of course. After weeks of thought, I finally decided on buying one dollar's worth of baking soda. I understood that this makes for a potent drain-clearer when combined with vinegar (which I knew we had some of in under the kitchen sink). I still haven't used it, because I am looking for the right three hours to render the sink unavailable while that cocktail is doing its business. It just seems all too possible at any hour of the day or night that I might need a sink and some privacy.

It's no surprise why the sink is a problem. I have a hell of a lot of hair, and like most grown men, I have to shave most days as well. I should be doing something to keep the hair from going right down the drain, but I don't do that. Tragically, I cannot pin any blame on my roommate, who has hair of a different color, and fairly little of it at that. Moreover, he is far too considerate to use my sink at all, let alone to leave it clogged up. No, this is entirely of my doing.

I fantasize daily about rectifying the problem with a drain cleaner and preventing any reoccurrence with some kind of drain protector. These fantasies are in line with the acquisition of a fancy car or a beautiful girlfriend in that they would impact my life that much as much as that they are so unlikely ever to become true. Well, I knew this was going to be part and parcel of having so much hair. The lack of any necessity to visit a hair salon more than makes up for it.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

You do not have to worry about going bald! I regularly put baking soda and vinegar in all of my drains- keeps them clear and clean.
You will meet the right girl someday and she will be beautiful.

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?