Thursday, May 10, 2012

Puzzle

Here's a kind of a puzzle. Logic and puzzles aren't really my thing, because I'm not naturally good at them. What I'm not naturally good at, I have to work at. What I have to work at had better pay me, or else it's not apt to happen. In any event, here's one puzzle which I cannot get away from, and it has to do with my daily routine to get ready for facing the day. I haven't been able to crack it yet, but you may find you can.

It's all about the order in which I do things. It's like the near-disaster of the Apollo 13 mission. At one point, it was necessary to figure out exactly what order in which the men in the capsule had to turn things back on to prevent calamity after they had powered down. That at least is my recollection, and I really have not watched the film since not too longer after it had come out. I at least think that it is pertinent to this problem.

To begin with, shaving works best right after the shower. It softens the beard hairs, and leaves the skin slick as the razor slides across it. Shaving later, even after taking measures to simulate post-shower conditions, leaves me more vulnerable to cuts and razor burn. Also necessary to shaving is that I can see well, and my glasses fog up. That means I have to put in my contacts. Putting in my contacts, however, works best when conditions are dry and not too hot.

Continuing on, combing out my hair works best when it is still wet, but after I've put on a shirt. The hair is pliable really only right after the shower, but invariably will be mussed badly by pulling a shirt over it after I've combed it. Fixing it again is difficult. Now, something that works better after I'm all dry but before the shirt goes on is applying the deodorant. There it all is, from soup to nuts (if I have that expression right).

The whole thing is difficult, and I am always pleased with myself when I manage to beat the odds and get throw it all without one of those things going badly. Those are rare days though, and most times that you see me I am laboring under the impairment of some kink in the system. I try not to let on about it, and anyway such imperfections make you relatable to fellow humans. I could stand to be less relatable though, so I welcome any and all suggestions about how I might tweak the things I do and the order in which I do them.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Sounds like you have a good system... Very logical. You know the other saying, if it ain't broke...

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?