Thursday, May 3, 2012

Short Some Shirts, But Not Shorts

As you'll recall, I recently lost a number of shirts (some of which may yet be salvaged), with the likely culprit being the deodorant that I was using. As I said initially, one has to see in such things the opportunity that is there. I tried to anticipate the excitement that I would feel about selecting new shirts and then wearing them. The day following the disaster, I did not have to time to act on that, but the day after that I did have some free time.

I decided to seek out one of the neighborhood's thriving thrift stores. There I found some rather promising shirts, selecting six at the rate of two dollars apiece. That is positively a steal for what I got. As I may have noted in the past, there is probably no store where you can find firsthand the things that are available secondhand. I tried to find a balance between decent, understated shirts and ones which made me laugh enough that I wanted them. I think I did that.

Along with a radio station shirt that I won by proxy recently and a shirt I got from a friend promoting his podcast, I have made up some three quarters of the loss I sustained the other day. Allowing for the fact that some of those shirts may indeed be salvaged, that puts me where I was, more or less. As easily as I managed it, I wonder how it was that I let myself be so traumatized and worried. I'll die years earlier than I should have for all the needless worrying I do in life.

Perhaps I'll gain myself some years with the delight I get from things like these new shirts. The biggest problem will be deciding which one of the new ones to wear every day for the next week or so. I'm trying to anticipate the biggest occasions I have coming up so that I can save the most promising shirts for then. After that, it's going to be one toss-up after another. Perhaps I'll have to flip a coin or something. It should be fun.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Awesome! You'll have to take pics.!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?