Thursday, June 21, 2012

Style By Force

I have written in the past about people's deep personal interest in what I do with my hair. As I have noted, many call for corn rows. Some wish to see just how big my hair can get if I really apply myself to it. This I indulge from time to time in moments of restlessness. The other thing I fear, believing that it will likely hurt badly. There are other things besides that I am not utterly opposed to trying, particularly at the suggestion of a woman.

Pigtails could be fun. Those are mainly a thing for women, I suppose, but then my hair has always drawn me more into the camp or the fairer sex since I let it grow long. A lot of those I'm fond of have had pigtails, Pippi Longstocking being among them. It would really be something to see me with pigtails, especially if I wore a hat. The hair juts out at the sides as it is, and I might as well make the whole thing a little neater on days where the sun shines in my eyes.

Something I can cross off my list is a braided ponytail. During a fit of hyperactivity, I fluffed up my hair with my fingers, and the lady beside me was rather taken by the effect of it. She just couldn't help herself (I surmise), and began to work on my hair. Any resistance was neutralized by a hand of warning on my arms. I had not the slighted clue of what had been wrought for some time, as I did not manage to get to a mirror or a reflective surface for a little while, but I did enjoy the reactions of others around.

I don't imagine that I can duplicate what she did on my own, although I could certain employ a scrunchy or some such thing to corral the hair in the back as she did. I just couldn't do the braiding. I think it may be late to learn such skills, although if women my age are inclined to teach me, I retain a spirit of eagerness to learn. Moreover, I have a spirit of eagerness to spend time with women that is more palpable than ever, so let's get on with the education!

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

What fun! Love the spirit of exploration!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?