Saturday, July 14, 2012

Incident On Fifth Street

My hair has begun to arouse some interest, as I believe I have mentioned here once or twice. By and large, it draws female attention, which is fine by me. The mustache does me no favors in that area. Women like the hair plenty, usually being courteous enough to ask before touching it. Not everyone is accommodating with that, but I am. Of course, there are exceptions about who is interested. It's not always women, and it was not a women the other night.

I was downtown, returning home from a friend's performance. On my way to the subway station from there, I passed by some club with crowds of people outside. I never have been much for places that make you wait in line hoping to give them business, but these people were fine with that. In any event, I heard a guy say something that I assume was about me, and I think it was reasonable to do so. Perhaps you will disagree, but then you were not there.

I heard him remark to someone that he was "going to get a perm so that his hair would look like that". Now, I think that must have been about me, and I'll further paint the scene. I did have my headphones on, and i was listening to music earlier, but shortly before the scene unfolded, I had removed them. I was thus visibly able to hear what people were saying around me, and this gentleman either didn't notice that or didn't mind my hearing.

 I would have minded being talked about less if I were actually being talked to. Apart from that, I suppose it was flattering enough to hear what was essentially an envious comment of some form. I'm still not entirely used to that, but I like it better than the indifference which I had previously been accustomed to getting. I'd suggest that someone eager to duplicate my look not do so, as I always like it better myself when people stick with what they've got naturally, and anyway I don't need any competition.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Good attitude! I like that!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?