Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sink Trouble

An enduring and implacable problem for me is my hair. In particular, I am today concerned with what my hair does to drains. Luckily enough, it is no match for the disposal in the kitchen sink, or the drain filter in the shower. It is more than a match for my personal bathroom sink, and I cannot blame my very short-haired roommate for the clogs that perpetually disable that sink. As I write this, it drains, but does so rather slowly for my liking.

I try now to spare it. When I shave, I have a jar underneath the faucet to catch the shaving cream and hair that I fear are partly responsible. If I do not do this, there is a real risk of the sink failing to contain the water before I am through. I have gotten rather good at dumping the water from the jar and keeping the level of water in the sink manageable, but that is hardly something to be proud of. Really, I don't know that I ought to be sharing it.

Occasionally, that sink gets entirely clogged, and I briefly entertain the idea of attempting a real solution, but invariably I am able to restore it to barely tolerable conditions without resorting to such nearly-unthinkable measures as buying Liquid Plumber. It is just as well that I don't go into detail as to exactly what I do to improve the drainage of the sink, but it's entirely more than you need or wish to know if I tell you that it happens.

It's hard to see the situation changing. I won't cut my hair, and I won't get any better at plumbing very soon. I won't obtain a roommate or significant other with an interest in doing the latter for me any time soon. I won't wind up with a bathroom sink that can accommodate my hair. What will inevitably happen is that I will just plain lose my hair, and while that may address my sink problem, it only promises to bring about a whole lot of other problems.

1 comment:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?