Saturday, September 15, 2012

Wait, Weight!

Yesterday, I had to punch another notch in my belt. Now, for most people (especially these days) that would mean that they were getting larger around the waste. Most people would be expanding the capacity of the belt to circumnavigate their girth. This would be particularly true of people with as little inclination towards diet and exercise as I have generally shown, although I avow that I am getting better at those things. I am not getting larger, though.

I seem to be getting smaller, and if one takes the long view, not by a little. This notch is the fourth new one I have added, all heading in the same direction. It tells quite a story, and the climax must be that I suddenly am able to fit through a grate on the street. I don't exactly know how to account for that. I have not got the money for too much food, but I have got the money for food that is bad for me. I just do not seem able to hold weight.

I have considered disease, but if that's it then it must be a terribly long-term one. Given how long I have had the belt and continued to draw breath, I feel that I must look elsewhere for reasons on this size thing. Perhaps I really have improved my regimen, and I once had a worse shape than I thought or than anyone would say to me that I did. It's true enough that I once weighed as much as 165 lbs, and now am somewhere in the 140s. I am not sure where I am on that, as a little time has passed since the last time I weighed myself.

I always thought that my metabolism would turn on me, leading to a sudden and tremendous weight gain before I turned over a new leaf and starting living healthfully. As it turns out, I have begun upon a path of better habits just as my metabolism has seemingly turned further in the direction towards which it was already leaning. Maybe I have got a parasite or something, but I gather that it's a problem that many people would be delighted to have.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I would pay to be you...

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?