Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Wrist Watched

You may have noticed a recent preoccupation with my weight lately. I have lately noticed that I seem to weigh as little as I ever have in my adult live, and that does not appear to change, although I did get back into the 140's. That may have been a fluctuation of water weight or some such thing. In any case, there have been a number of weigh-loss symptoms. There was the latest notch I had to cut in my belt, for one. There was more besides that.

I wish I could cut a notch in my watchband. I have noticed that even using the narrowest notch presently there, the watch does not reliably stay put where it ought to on my wrist. Indeed, it slides over the end of the bone toward the hand with relative ease. This has become a real distraction to me, as if I needed any other excuses for fidgeting. It's hard enough to not clasp my hands behind my back or thrust them into my pockets, and now this.

Now, maybe this isn't a big deal. Maybe this isn't even something that has changed. There's no question that I am very conscious of this stuff right now, and maybe I'm looking for things that tell me that I've lost weight. Maybe I'm ignoring things that contradict this in any respect. Even thinking of that, I can't shake this feeling. I can't recall it previously being the case, this thing with the watch, even if I don't know that the wrists are where weight changes easily.

What is there to be done? I think I eat plenty, and if eating more were the answer, how would I make sure it gets to where it needs to go? You hear those lame jokes about how a piece of cheese cake goes "straight to my hips". Well, I would have it go to my torso and those wrists, but you don't get to put an address on a sandwich before you eat it. Maybe the answer is another watch, since I can't modify the band on this one properly. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?