Friday, October 12, 2012

Clear!

Having a lot of hair, I have a lot of associated problems. One is drains. As I believe I've stated, I have a hell of a time with clogs. The drain in the shower gets clogged, but at least we have the little screen on there to catch the hairs. I toss them out with an exclamation of disgust and dismay, and that's the end of it. The hairs stuck to the walls of the shower don't go so easily, but that's another matter. So to is the sink drain.

For a hell of a long time, it was hopelessly clogged. We're talking water sitting in the sink overnight and only draining by morning. Now, I don't take fast action on such matters. I had been thinking for months about maybe buying some liquid plumber. I was living with it. I was using a jar to catch the water when I shaved, because otherwise the sink would have overflowed by the end. I found that a charming thing that I was doing.

At long last, I got back home and received an invaluable gift from my mother, who well knows about the matter by reading here as you have. She gave me this long, thin, flexible length of plastic whose purpose is snaking out drains just as terribly clogged as my own. I was legitimately excited to take care of it, you may be sure. You never saw or smelled such horrors as I was faced with when I yanked that thing back out of there.

Now I just keep looking at that drain and laughing in amazement at how quickly it drains. It's really something to see how your perception of something very mundane changes after you've been denied it for a long time and suddenly been given it back. My favorite thing at the moment is anything that has me running the faucet and then watching the sink empty before my eyes. It's a hell of a thing to watch.

2 comments:

Frenchie said...

So happy for you!

Beverly said...

That is a gift you will be thankful for, for a very long time.

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?