Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dressed

Yesterday I put on a costume for about the third time so far in the Halloween season, and the big day is yet ahead of us. The first two times, I recycled a costume from months ago that was all right at the time but becomes less acceptable with every wearing. I resolved to do better, and so I went with something else when a costume was called for again at a friend's pole dancing performance. It worked passably well.

I had available to me a costume which identified itself as "Morticia Addams". It contained the gown only, which was regrettable. I could have used the hair, to say nothing of proper shoes. I had little time to try and augment it with any accessories. Luckily, it was not too bad on its own, although it proved to be rather difficult to operate in. I worried over the tendrils hanging down from the fishnet sleeves, as they tended to get caught on things. I managed.

I did add a bra in hopes of creating the appearance of a bust, which I thought might have the effect of minimizing the damage that my mustache does to my chances of appearing feminine. To my great embarrassment, it turned out that I had put it on upside-down. Naturally, my experience level with ladies' undergarments is minimal, but that is perhaps excusable. I'm sure that I'll be able to do better the next time.

There was a costume contest, wherein one had to walk the runway and perform a pole trick. I did all right, but was outshined by multiple opponents in the latter stage of the proceedings. Well, at the very least I earned some regard for my willingness to go outside of my comfort zone. It's fair to say, I think, that dressing in the other gender's clothes qualifies. Next time I'll just have to make sure, as I said, that I do it well.

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

To funny!!!!! I can just imagine! If it's a push up bra and a lady wore it upside down, imagine the sag!!! Ha! Ha!

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?