Saturday, October 13, 2012

Forgot

Something I never get tired of is telling people something I remember reading about Thomas Edison when I was young. It was said that in his work he had superhuman focus and dedication (and so did the employees whose work he took credit for, I must assume). They said that he would often forget to eat completely, and that he would have starved to death any number of times if not forced to eat by someone.

I guess that I like remembering that because I sometimes feel the same way. I used to eat in my bedroom, and suffered consequences from that which you can readily imagine without my spelling it out. I decided that the rule would be no food in my room, and now my room is cleaner. There is also now a greater impediment to my eating presented by the necessity of leaving my room and whatever I was doing there for even a few minutes.


It's not uncommon to go very late in the day now before I realize that I've taken in nothing except coffee and water. Sometimes you may add to that hash browns, but eating is a problem. I eat some bad stuff in order to keep it easy and fast, but it still is somehow too much of a hassle to make sure that I eat three meals a day when those meals are supposed to happen. That must be at the root of my weight issues, if issues they may be called.

I'd like to rectify this eating problem, except that I may not be able to and I also may not want to. After all, I began describing it by comparing myself to one of the greatest geniuses America has produced. To whom would I compare myself if I ate properly? I can think of one one off-hand who is famous for that and very interesting as well. No, I think I will probably stay as I am. I doubt I can change under my own power anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?