Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Short In The Front, No Party

I had a pretty full schedule for the time I was back home for that wedding. One of the things I found myself doing was patronizing a hair salon. I am eager to learn how to better care for my hair, and what better way than to consult with professionals. I did get some useful information as well as a very slight trim (the purpose of which was to enhance the health of the hair, not to shorten it). I also was granted some anxiety to take with me.

You see, I hadn't previously considered there to be anything really wrong with my hair. It's longer and curlier than that of most, but it's at least normal for those who have it as long as I. That's what I thought, in any case.  The woman looking after me set me straight on that point, though. I gleaned from some offhand remarks that she made that she though I'd trimmed the bangs area personally. It took sever attempts to convince her that I had not.

The upshot was that I learned this professional was very unused to hair in the front being so short when the hair in the back was as long as it is for me. Put another way, the hair in that area is unnaturally short for me, and this is a separate issue from the possibility of thinning hair. What am I to do about abnormally short hair? I was getting along just fine without that concern. Well, I guess I'm just going to have to make room for some more worrying.

I wonder if extensions are realistic for me. Why would I do that, though? The hair is the right length for me, but the worry is that I don't have to do anything to get there. Would I get extensions just to cut them? That seems needless. Perhaps the solution is for me to start creating the illusion that I am cutting the hair so that people think that what I have is as it should be. After all, much of attractiveness is illusion, and so why worry about the process if the outcome is all right?

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Don't worry! Be happy! Look around you and count how many men have no hair...sometimes people with curly hair find it shorter in the front because you unwittingly, break it off little by little when you try to get through tangles.

Post a Comment

What say you, netizen?